Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hi! I'm Bernardita and we've just finished with our food preparations for today the 10th of August 2009. We have silverbeet lasagne, pancake with mushrooms, rice salad, noodle salad, vegetable salad and passion fruit custard. It's fantastic that rice which is our staple food back home in the Philippines can be made into salad. it's really beautiful and easy to prepare. We just boiled the rice, then when it was cooked, we add the diced zucchini and let it cool for a while. Afterwhich, we add lemon juice and ground pepper, and also tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, pickled olives, and parsley. I'll have to prepare this again when I get home so I'll not forget how to do it. The noodle salad was also wonderful and easy to prepare as well. We just mixed in there mayonnaise and curry powder and again the vegetables that we used in the other salads. I didn't expect also that we can prepare pancake with mushroom and bacon stuffings and just roll it like what we do in spring rolls. Monday is always something I looked forward to coz I really enjoyed cooking and learning new recipes. See you next week......and by the way, we have a new classmate today, a young lad, his name is Billy...bye....